Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bungalow Bills AT presentation

I had an opportunity to attend a thru-hiking presentation last night at Cumberland Transit hosted by Bungalow Bill (aka Bill Bailey). It was my first "in-person" encounter with others who share this fascination with thru-hiking and I got a BIG charge out of meeting everyone and listening to the trail talk. Bill has hiked the entire trail twice. Once solo and once with his wife. He shared some great photos, stories, and invaluable advice with us would-be thru's and his attitude and positive vibe was contagious. I met another guy who will be starting his hike just a few days after me and I'm looking forward to running into him along the way. I'm heading up to the store again today on my lunch break. Bill said he'd help me weigh my pack. On paper its weighing in right around 20lbs before food/water. It feels much heavier in real life though. We'll see what the scale has to say. Tik-Tok.... March 19th is fast approaching!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment