Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hiker Feed!

Last week I was fortunate to have encountered two hiker feeds being hosted by local churches. The first was in Troutdale, VA at the Troutdale Baptist Church. The local blue haired ladies all brought their covered dishes and we had a HUGE feast. It was incredible. I didn't even mind the fire and brimstone sermon afte rthe meal. It was a little awkward being fed a delicious meal and then being told by your host that you're GOiNG TO HELL! Despite the over zealous preacher, I was very appreciative of the kindness shown by the people of his congregation.
This area also turned out to be the home of one of my favorite guitar pickers, E.C. Ball, who lived his whole life in Rugby, VA. It's also the home of Wayne Henderson who makes Henderson Guitars. One of the most sought after acoustics in the world! I wanted to stay in the area for the whole summer and seek out all of the local bluegrass pickers. I'll bet there are some great pickin parties around there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment