Friday, April 1, 2011

Foot Rehab

Not much to report folks... I've been laying around the hotel for two days in Hiawassee in order to give my feet some time to heal. My blisters are beginning to turn the corner but it's still pretty painful to walk around. I'll be heading back to the trail in the morning and need to average 14mi per day in order to meet Alex at Fontana Village next Saturday. I've got my work cut out for me but if my feet can handle it I think I'll be OK. I checked out of the Holiday Inn Xpress this morning and walked to the other end of town to check-in at the Hiawassee Budget Inn. It's a typical Bates Motel style joint and even has a creepy house perched on a hill just behind the building. The only non smoking room they had available was a "bungalow" room separate from the regular motel room block. It's decked out with a whirlpool tub surrounded by mirrors. It has kind of a redneck honeymoon suite kinda vibe... It will do for one night. Tomorrow, I'll be done with Georgia. North Carolina here I come!

3 comments:

  1. Crummy nasty weather you brought with you on your hike ! It's supposed to be sunny and warmer here Sat & Sun, the first good weather since you left for your trek..1 step at a time brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought for sure you were going to give us an April Fools Day joke saying that you can't go on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Am so happy for you that you're on your way! I hope the weather clears up soon & you get a few good days to dry yourself out. I have become an avid reader of walking with sasquatch!! :)

    ReplyDelete