Monday, March 28, 2011

... and then the blisters came.


Day 3 - 3/25
I covered approx. 10 mi today and my feet have paid the price. I woke up at 6am and was
On the trail by 8am. About an hour and a half into the morning I encountered a guy named Adamant John who was finishing up a SOBO thru hike from last year and was having a break in the middle the trail. He left Blood Mtn at 4:30am and had covered 17 mi already. We chatted for a few minutes, i loaned him some salamander paste, he gave me an avocado, and we headed on our ways. I had the avocado at lunch and it was the tastiest avocado I've ever eaten! I considered stopping at Gooch Mtn shelter where i had lunch, but I was feeling good and decided to push ahead. Even though I had climbs all day long I felt pretty strong. That is until my foot blew out a blister about 1.5 mi from camp tonight. Im camping at a major road crossing called Woody's Gap. Tomorrow is going to be painful!

No comments:

Post a Comment