Thursday, March 31, 2011

Truckin

Day 6 - 3/28
I met a group of guys last night and we ended up hanging out and watching a movie at their cabin. These guys have formed a group and are hiking together. They are Mark from Boston (Pace Car), Phil from Cape Cod (Smooth), Mike from NY, Max from Maine, and Martin from Germany. They're a great group of guys and it was nice to have some company... I made my way back to my cabin around 10pm and stayed up watching TV on the couch til I passed out around 11:30... It was still raining a bit when I woke up but had stopped by the time I was packed and ready to hit the trail. I was back on the AT at 10:30am. My new friends from the cabin left out at 9:30 and I was determined to catch up to them. I hiked 11 mi to the Low Gap shelter and pitched my tent with the group. I made good time and was only 20 minutes behind the guys. It's still cold and wet so the hiking and scenery has been pretty dismal. We started a small fire with wet wood to try and warm up and socialize a little but it was a lost cause. We were all in bed before the sun went down. The weather is going to be rainy and cold over the next few days so it's going to be miserable for a little while longer. I've hiked 41.5 miles on the AT so far. Just 2139.5 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment