Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Leaving in the morning

I'm sitting back and enjoying my final few hours as an ordinary human being. Tomorrow I become a thru-hiker and my days of airconditioning, running water, and afternoon whiskeys at the honky-tonk are officially over (for now)...
The weather in Nashville has been Sunny and warm and I finally dragged myself out of bed to do some work around the house. As a farewell gift to Alex I planted a peach tree in the yard along with a few flowers. Now she'll think of me every morning when she walks out for work.
I'm hoping that I'll be eating home grown peaches in a few years and telling stories about my 2011 thru-hike!

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you. Hope the weather is your friend. It is chilly here at home. Can't wait to hear from you and know you are well. Love you! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just put one foot in front of the other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, hope you make the it the distance.

    ReplyDelete