Monday, March 28, 2011

So it begins


Day 1 - 3/23
Started at Amicicolola Falls SP and hiked up the approach trail 8.5 miles to the start of the AppalachianTrail at Springer Mtn summit and then .2 mi to the Shelter area to camp. It was the toughest hike of my life and I was wiped out.
I Met several good folks along the trail and at the shelter today but we were all pretty tired and I was the last one into camp so last to finish up my meal prep and camp setup. I got to bed at 9:30pm. It began raining really hard not long after and the wind was blowing fiercely all night long with gusts up to 60mph. I stayed pretty dry. I had a bit of rain blow under my tent fly over night but that was some seriously hard core weather. I had little appetite last night so I'm sitting here finishing up my Mexican rice w chicken this morning and will be back on trail in a bit. I'm hoping to make Justus Creek tonight at the 13.8 mi mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment